Monday, March 11, 2013

Kiss Me I'm Irish!!!


“But the greatest love - the love above all loves, Even greater than that of a mother - Is the tender, passionate, undying love, Of one beer drunken slob for another”... said one Irishman. Not your fancy? How about, "God invented whiskey to keep the Irish from ruling the world"... ok ok that might be rude. "May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light, May good luck pursue you each morning and night,"... that one's better! Why all the Irish sayings? Well St. Patrick's Day is coming up of course!! And tis a day to be celebrated. Really it just makes me want to speak in an Irish accent any time I think about it and makes me think that I should get totally inebriated- neither of which are good ideas.



I whipped this batch up on the weekend because I was dying to make some more cookies, and I never made any for St. Patty's last year! These really took no time, as they were all pretty simple. The idea for the leprechauns came from Sweet Sugar Belle, and was made with a repurposed wedding cake cutter, found here. I kept the top two tiers of the cake intact, but cut rectangles out of either side of the bottom tier to make the face of the leprechauns. Unfortunately, the sugar pearls that I used for the eyes of the leprechauns bled into the ivory icing :(, so I'm now just saying that they're either hungover leprechauns or they're leprechauns that got into fights because they were drunk and obnoxious. Either way.



Of course I had to use the saying "kiss me I'm Irish," and my idea to use lips instead of the word 'kiss' camefrom my Valentine's Day Sugar Cookies made last year (not sure where I saw the idea for it in the first place). For the little gold coins I used a large piping tip to cut them out (as I didn't have a circle that small), and I was able to get the gold appearance by using Wilton Color Mist. Even though I used a nice golden yellow as the base layer, it still required several layers of gold mist to get the nice gold sheen.

To find my sugar cookie and royal icing recipe that I use, check out my post on Baby Shower Cookies! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment