Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Easter Sugar Cookies


Happy Easter everybody! Well, Happy Easter in a few days at least. I can say that this is possibly the most I have ever looked forward to Easter, which is quite sad considering the reason. My placement is closed on Friday and Monday, meaning I have two days off work, which means that I have two whole extra days to devote to school assignments! Am I excited for that? Yes. Is that depressing? Incredibly.



And while I was looking forward to creating this batch of Easter cookies for a couple of lovely ladies who asked to order some after seeing my Whoo do you love? Valentine's Day and Kiss me I'm Irish! St. Patrick's Day sugar cookies, I was also dreading it. Don't get me wrong, I love love love making cookies, it is just a very busy and stressful time for me. And considering I don't know when to stop (i.e. too many cookies and colours), it just adds up. But now that I'm finished, I'm tickled pink with the set and very pleased at how they turned out. I used ribbon roses for the first time AND got to try out my Kopykake projector that just came in the mail last week! Can you tell, can you tell? Well... the only thing that I used it for were the fonts for 'Happy Easter' but I'm super stoked about it. In fact, I couldn't stop staring at how beautiful my writing came out. Already my KK is a win in my books.


That writing is just beauteous. Yup, beauteous. Aside from those though, I think the bunnies were my favourite, they were so cute with their little pastel sprinkly tails! And here they are all packed up and ready to go tomorrow!

 
 
If you are interested in the cookie recipe that I use, check out my post on Baby Shower Cookies. For an added spring touch, I changed up the flavour of my royal icing just a tad: I used 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and closer to 2 teaspoons of orange extract. Yum! I actually enjoyed it a lot more than my normal recipe.
 
Check out my post here on Chocolate Caramel Cupcakes to see what I made for Easter last year.
 
Have a fantastic Easter weekend everybody! Chocolate Caramel CupcakesChocolate Caramel Cupcakes
Pin It

2 comments: