Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easy Maple Salmon


When I was making this earlier last week, I had not originally planned to put it on the blog. I didn't have overly high hopes for it- even when I nibbled on a corner to see if it was any good I didn't get the full effect. It wasn't until later that evening, when I had reheated it for dinner, that I realized how delicious it was. And that was after nuking it again! Often I find that fish reheated isn't the greatest; it usually cooks a little more and subsequently becomes less tender and moist. But this fish, even after microwaving it, was still incredibly juicy with loads of flavour! I suppose it was because it had been marinated and was able to soak up some of that maple syrupy goodness.

Other than the half hour that the fish is supposed to marinate, this recipe takes no time at all. It's perfect for a week night dinner. Pair it with some fresh steamed veggies and you're good to go!

On a more personal note, I fear that in the upcoming weeks I may not have as many blog posts. I have a ton of stuff going on right now, and unfortunately I have higher priorities. Really I'd like to say who needs work and money... school, volunteering, etc. but realistically, I do. It'll all pay off in the end, right?

Yield: 2 servings

Ingredients:
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 salmon fillets

Directions:
In a small bowl, combine the maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic, garlic salt, and pepper.

Place the salmon in a shallow glass baking dish, and coat with the maple syrup mixture. Cover the dish and marinate the salmon in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, turning half way through.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the baking dish in the preheated oven, and bake salmon uncovered for about 15-20 minutes, or until easily flaked with a fork.

Source: All Recipes

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment